About Midland National® Life Insurance Company
Since 1906, Midland National has provided fixed annuities and life insurance policies to individuals and families across the United States. Originally founded as Dakota Mutual Life Insurance Company, and assuming the name Midland National Life Insurance Company in 1925, the company dedicates itself to preserving its legacy of providing insurance financial services that protect individuals and families alike.
Midland National has enjoyed steady growth, stability, and industry success through its annuities and life insurance solutions for more than 110 years. An essential part of continuing that tradition of stability is the organization’s broad product portfolio designed to fit the individual needs of both personal and business policyholders, and its focus on long-term sustained growth and outstanding achievements of agents, distribution partners, and employees.
Midland National offerings
Trust is perhaps the most valuable commodity in the insurance business. Life insurance and annuities offer financial protection
Midland National's independent agents offer a wide array of products to suit many individual needs:
Fixed index, traditional fixed and immediate annuities
Designed to produce long-term gains with guarantees backed by the financial strength of Midland National. Independent agents appointed by Midland National help guide customers in seeking insurance products suitable for their individual needs employing state-by-state buying guides to help ensure clients have all needed information to make the best decision for their situation.
Midland's independent agents also offer term, whole, universal, indexed universal and variable2 universal life insurance policies to provide policyowners and beneficiaries with financial protection. Midland National knows the value and importance of having the right policy in place and weighing all factors involved to help determine which policies are right for each individual.
Midland National's division, Sammons Corporate Markets Group, provides life insurance products specifically for banks, healthcare organizations, credit unions, business corporations, and government entities. The Corporate Markets Group provides unique life insurance products to help fund future benefit obligations such as retirement benefits and post-retirement medical costs. Today, Sammons Corporate Markets Group is a leading provider of Bank Owned Life Insurance in our country.
Midland National at every step of life
- Explore Midland National’s long history at MidlandNational.Life
- Find and follow Midland National on Facebook
- View a wealth of resources on Midland National’s YouTube channel
- Get the latest updates by following the Midland National LinkedIn page
- Follow @MidlandNatl on Twitter for financial tips, healthy living, and more!
- Keep up-to-date on Midland National with the Midland National blog
- Follow and learn about Midland National on Google+
- Stay informed by reading the most recent posts on MidlandNationalNews.com.
- Find a Midland National representative in your area
- Reach Midland National by phone: (800) 923-3223
A heritage of trust
Midland National recently celebrated its 110th year of providing quality service, financial strength, and life insurance and annuity products. The company looks forward to another 100+ years of providing quality products and excellent service.
Midland National is a member of the privately-held Sammons Financial Group. As a privately-held company, it is not subject to the short-term earnings pressures that publicly-held companies often face. Midland National focuses on long-term strategic growth, rather than short-term earnings.
Midland National earns high year-over-year ratings from third-party, independent reporting companies. Independent agency ratings provide a vital picture of an insurer's ability to keep commitments to its customers. The strength of Midland National's investment portfolio – which emphasizes high-quality bonds that provide safety, liquidity, and competitive rates – supports the guarantees in its annuities and life insurance products. The following ratings are based on our financial strength, operating performance, and ability to meet obligations to our policy owners and contract holders.
- Midland National consistently ranks among the top fixed index carriers in the U.S., according to Wink's, Inc., Quarterly Indexed Sales & Market Report.
- Midland National earned A+ (Superior) Rated by A.M. Best3Global Ratings, as a part of Sammons Financial Group, based on the company's financial strength, operating performance, and ability to meet its obligations to contract holders (2nd highest category of 15). The rating was affirmed on July 6, 2017.
- Midland National earned an A+ (Strong) Rating by S&P Global Ratings, as part of Sammons Financial Group, Inc. The A+
rating,affirmed on October 19, 2016, is the 5th highest rating out of 22 categories.
- Midland National is a Better Business Bureau Accredited company.